Currently Live 🎉
July 21′ Enhancements
Our July Enhancement Release primarily consists of general improvements and optimizations to speed, efficiency, and issue fixes. Check out the newest features, updates, and, improvements below.
Your team may now view and edit a bill in preview form without actually generating a bill within the system. Your staff may generate a preview by selecting a date range and be able to access a preview pre-bill at the matter level.
If your paralegals, operations staff, or administrators want to review or give their input on a bill before it gets generated, they can now do so. This preview will showcase your bills with all the same information with the exception of the invoice number.
Some information on your pre-bill preview can include:
- Unbilled time and expense dated within the range specified
- Previous Balance Due to the matter’s last bill
- Payments, Credits, and Refunds entered since the last bill sent
- Previous Trust and/or Retainer Balance(s) as of the matter’s last bill
- New Trust Transactions entered since the last bill sent
- Staff Summary (for time)
- Expense Summary (by billing code)
- Matter Statement of Account (for unpaid bills as of the running of the preview)
Pre-Bill Approval – View Consolidated Bill
With this feature you can open and view the Consolidated Bill when reviewing an individual bill during the Pre-Bill Approval workflow. This means you can validate any changes on the individual bill in the Consolidated Bill.
Configure your matters to always consolidate matter bills together, so you don’t have to manually select & group the bills.
Receiving Payments Through LawPay on Consolidated Bills
This feature now allows you to receive payments through LawPay on the consolidated bill.
If you want your client to be able to submit one payment for a single bill number, you simply allocate payments to expenses first (oldest to newest), then to the time entries (oldest to newest) they will be sending a sample bill for.
If between all of the invoices on the consolidated bill, there is only one account that needs replenishment, then you will have the 3 payment options :
- Amount Due: Total due for all billed matters, including replenishment required
- Current Charges Only: The newly charged amounts on this bill
- Other: A custom amount, first prioritizing current charges and then non-current charges including replenishment required.
Historical User Title
You may now capture the historical context of user titles so you can better appropriate originated earnings when someone on your team is promoted.
This will allow Centerbase users to backdate changes to titles.
To make these changes, simply navigate to System Settings > User Information > User List.
If a promotion/demotion occurs later on, the user needs to click on +Add Row to make changes. Please note that a date on the Start field is required on the new row. Only dates previous and today’s date are allowed.
Identifying Earned Origination from a Historical Context
Track and be paid for matters which have been accrued in the past.
Take configured dates and use them in production to associate earned origination from a historical context. The origination amounts that are accrued for staff should be earned based on their given title at the date the billable work was actually worked.
The related reports that have been updated to illustrate the accrued origination based on historical titles include:
- Production Origination
- Fees Billed By Originator
Variable Origination Shares
Originator share percentages differ based on Partner or Non-Partner status on the timekeeper.
Currently, in Centerbase, variable share percentages can be specified for the Timekeeper, Responsible Attorney, and Firm, all based on who the timekeeper is. Now, you can allow Originator share percentages to differ based on Partner or Non-Partner status on the timekeeper.
For example, Originators will receive:
- 10% of fees on Partners, 20% origination on Associates, and 30% origination on Timekeeper A (a timekeeper level exception).
To accommodate this, we will also update the way Shared Origination is handled. You
will be able to specify what percentage of the origination share each originator is entitled to (adding to a total of 100%).
For example, if two originators are splitting origination:
- Originator A = 40% and Originator B = 60%.
These shares will feed into the Production and Origination report which shows fees received by timekeeper and originator and what share they should receive based on the various settings.
This is also the amount that will be used in the Allocated Legal Fees report being contracted separately.
Origination Settings, Enhanced for Origination Entry Method
The Origination Settings page has been enhanced! It can support different origination entry methods.
Ability to add memos to trust transfer checks
- Display the check-writing description field rather than the check memo
- ‘Save and Duplicate’ button to set the check and line item dates to the current date
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I need support, who do I contact?
For all support related questions, please submit a ticket and a member of our support team will be in touch with you ASAP.
- When will my Centerbase site be updated with these July updates?
All client sites were updated on July 30th with the latest July 2021 enhancements!
- Will there be a training on features and updates included in this July 2021 Enhancement release?
Yes! We will be hosting a training on the new updates this Thursday, August 5th at 2:00 PM CT. If you cannot attend, don't sweat it! We will be uploading a recorded version of the training that will be accessible here at the conclusion of the training. Access the training registration link here!